Fair Work salary staff record-keeping changes come into effect on the 1st March 2020.
Following a decision of the Full Bench, the Fair Work Commission has finalised arrangements for new annualised salary clauses to be inserted into several modern awards with effect from 1st March 2020. These changes introduce essential new practices for HR and payroll aimed at reducing "wage theft" and non-compliance with awards.
What do employers need to do?
Review employment contracts and update HR and payroll practices to comply with the new obligations to audit annual salaries, record hours of work and back pay any shortfall when annual salaries are verified against modern award entitlements.
Modern awards impose new annual wage obligations
Employers with employees covered by the modern awards listed in the industries/occupations below are highly likely to require amendments to employment contracts and adjustment to payroll and HR practices, in preparation for annual salary changes to be introduced on 1st March 2020:
- Banking, Finance and Insurance Award 2010
- Broadcasting and Recorded Entertainment Award 2010
- Clerks - Private Sector Award 2010
- Contract Call Centres Award 2010
- Health Professionals Award 2010
- Hydrocarbons Industry (Upstream) Award 2010
- Horticulture Award
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010
- Legal Services Award 2010
- Local Government Industry Award 2010
- Marine Towage Award 2010
- Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2010
- Mining Industry Award 2010
- Oil Refining and Manufacturing Award 2010
- Pastoral Award 2010
- Pharmacy Industry Award 2010
- Rail Industry Award 2010
- Restaurant Industry Award 2010
- Salt Industry Award 2010
- Telecommunications Services Award 2010
- Water Industry Award 2010
- Wool Storage, Sampling and Testing Award 2010
BundyPlus specialises in employee timesheet solutions helping businesses comply with Fair Work salary staff record-keeping requirements. Whether it's an employee mobile app, desktop, cloud or best-in-class industrial employee Bundy clock (as featured in Financial Review) you're looking for, BundyPlus has got your back.
Please seek legal advice or call Fair Work Australia if you're unsure of your salary staff award obligations.